Data Scientist 4
Business Unit: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 221959
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Create the Future Every Day
Healthcare is changing and we’re already thinking about what’s next. Can you help us create the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
We are Siemens Healthineers, a global community of designers, engineers, pioneers and entrepreneurs at the intersection of health and technology. We invent, build and invest in solutions that the world’s best health systems rely on to reduce errors, expand access, and improve outcomes.
Our incubator is preparing to launch and scale a healthcare startup that promises to deliver dramatic productivity improvements to health systems. We believe this venture is poised to disrupt the market by infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation, and are assembling a stellar team to exploit this fully-funded opportunity.
Design as the Heart and Soul of Innovation
Our design team is the heart and soul of the venture. Our journey began with insights gleaned through rigorous market and user research, and our product concepts evolved through extensive user validation and feedback. The influence and importance of design continues to grow, not just within the incubator, but also within the parent company.
We are seeking to add a Data Scientist to our group. As a Data Scientist the role will be a core member of a Healthcare focused incubator team consisting of Product, Design Thinking, Engineering and System Architecture professionals, all focused on developing products and services to improve real problems for people working at the front-lines of healthcare, and have a direct and positive impact on the lives of the patients they serve.
The Data Scientist is responsible for
· Report directly to the Head of Engineering
· You will be an individual contributor- working on building the product from the ground-up as well as researching ways to improve the business
· You will also be building algorithms and Machine Learning models and the corresponding infrastructure
· Take real world problems and solve them with algorithms or Machine Learning methods
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Quantitative Science
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist especially in applying Machine Learning techniques, advanced analytics and statistical modeling
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, recommendation systems and natural language
- Strong background in foundational mathematics such as statistics, probability and linear algebra
- Understanding of programming concepts and experience with programming languages, such as Python, MATLAB, R, Java or C++
- A product mindset - you ask and address the most important analytical questions with a view on enhancing product impact
- Experience in formulating, solving and optimizing mixed integer and nonlinear programs processing
· Experience with CPLEX or Gurobi a plus
- Passionate and attentive self-starter, great communicator, and amazing follow-through - you love the responsibility of being personally empowered
· Start-up mentality (fast-paced, flexible and team-oriented)