Site Installation Technician- Fire/Security - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221970
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Must be able to apply / demonstrate implied knowledge to tasks by using i.e.:
o Applicable codes
o Project specifications
o His or Her own equipment/project experience
· Must display a sense of ownership related project execution / situations which the specialist
is directly involved tasked with executing i.e.:
o Ensuring adherence to the project schedule/completion dates.
o Identifying and taking action on project issues / cost factors. Shall notify manager of
issues and suggested corrective measures before proceeding.
o Making sure there are no “loose ends” when the project is completed.
· Must demonstrate more advanced logic programming understanding, i.e.:
o Creating combination logic statements to create outputs.
o Creating time-based logic statements.
o Creating latching logic statements.
o Voice and Networked logic programming.
o Interpanel logic between panels and command centers
· Must demonstrate move advanced troubleshooting skills. i.e.:
o Finding high resistance grounds.
o Finding high resistance shorts.
o Finding firmware issues.
o Finding programming errors.
· Must be able to mentor other team members (specialist / electricians) / demonstrate teamlead
capabilities for future path progression.
· Minimal 5 years verifiable fire alarm specific industry experience.
Fire Alarm Path
· Required NICET II Fire Alarm System Certification (fire alarm path).
· Must have completed the majority of IOM, Programming, Voice Systems, Advanced
Networking and Command Center for primary used Siemens Fire Alarm Product Line
· Fundamental concept of MNS with applications.
· Required NICET II CCTV System, Security Industry Advanced Technician Certification or
experience equivalency (per manager’s discretion) for the security path once 5 years
experience has been exceeded. Equivalency items which could be deemed an equivalent is
where the majority of the following items have been demonstrated on a consistent bases:
o Understand TCP / IP Networks, RS485 (all forms serial data protocols), Operating Systems,
Server / Client Configurations.