Sr. Automation and Controls Engineer - PLC
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 222009
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Industry – Energy Management: The Energy Management business unit has a Senior Systems Engineer position available in the North Texas Area. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial digital and automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
- Acts as the technical lead for opportunities and actively participates in pre-sales activities with Marketing & Sales team.
- Applies acquired process, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality
- Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
- Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Design electrical schemes and hardware specification for active orders/ projects.
- Design and program sophisticated control systems ( PLC/Automation Software) followed with Simulation, testing and debug of control systems in-house
- Startup systems at the end-users facility.
- Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs. Acts as one escalation point for major customer technical issues when on-site issue resolution is required.
- Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through participation on at least one product/technology core team.
- Generates technical collateral such as application notes and examples for reuse by others.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A Senior Systems Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. Comprehensive knowledge in multiple automation areas and extensive knowledge in at least one area is required. The Senior Systems Engineer actively participates on a product/technology “core” team focusing on at least one specific product area such as Automation, SCADA, Networking, or Power Distribution.
Technical Skills Required:
- Controllers (PLCs)
- TIA Portal
- HMI Panels
- PC-Based Automation
- Machine Safety
- Motion Control and Drives
- Experience in the use of Ladder Logic, Mobile app development, VB.Net, SCL, and C programming languages preferred
- Experience in graphical software such as WinCC / TIA portal or equivalent preferred
- Experience in image such as Java/ Adobe Photo Shop editing software preferred
- Engineering Soft Skills Required
- Solution fitting
- Proof of concept
- Tech selling
- Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
- Typically 5-10 years of experience in automation/motion control systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.