Engineering Specialist I - Fire Systems
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222053
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This field-based position provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle on site. Utilizing existing tools, standards, and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides estimating, designing, tracking and project management of standard jobs. This role acts as a technical resource to the team and customer as needed.
· Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
· Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
· Participates in Design of fire detection and security systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
· Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
· Verifies all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
· Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
· Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
· Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
· Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all fire codes and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
· Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Provides support to Project Manager on strategic Projects, and or manage projects independently.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience”
· Preferred education: A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
· Other preferences:
o NICET 2 Fire Alarm Certification