Security Systems Technician I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222054
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Performs technical startup and scheduled assignments to ensure that Siemens’ customers security system is properly installed, maintained and operating correctly. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Position reports to the Operations Supervisor and supports customers in Colorado and Wyoming.
• Performs startup activities, programming, preventative maintenance and diagnostics on security system components according to project scope or service agreement contract. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation. Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on security systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in security systems startups for service installed jobs.
• Coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High School diploma or equivalency required.
· Generally 2+ years working knowledge of alarm panels, systems, card access and video matrix systems. General knowledge of electronics, components, and construction.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a short period of time.
· Completes necessary certification courses on internal and external products used.
· Good verbal and written communication skills for summarizing tasks performed with customer.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan and must also possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
Working knowledge of Avigilon, GE Security / Casi, Sensormatic / SoftwareHouse products is preferred.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.