Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 222126
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens Healthineers are looking for manufacturing line supervisor to support our first shift operations. This is a new position supporting a new and highly visible product line. Successful candidates in this role will exhibit experience and creativity in applying continuous improvement approaches. They will also be comfortable supervising a team who manufacture highly complex medical instrumentation to exacting specifications within a regulated industry.
- Provide tactical supervision of an instrument manufacturing line
- Achieve optimum productivity and quality of products including shipping performance to schedule
- Ensures staff compliance to all FDA, Federal, State and OSHA requirements
- Ensure staff compliance to all internal quality and operational processes
- Responsible for training, development and performance management of shift personnel
- Responsible for supervising 25 – 45 direct labor staff
- Responsible for providing daily instruction to staff, time/attendance tracking, issue resolution/escalation on manufacturing floor
- Participates and/or leads manufacturing projects linked to FDA readiness, project transfers into manufacturing from R&D and other projects as assigned
- Represents Manufacturing at a variety of functional meetings/events (Quality review boards, etc.)
- Apply production metrics to monitor and execute continuous improvement
Required characteristics/experience include:
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role supporting complex electro-mechanical assembly or test and validation.
- Experience in a fast-paced highly automated FDA environment highly preferred
- Working knowledge of lean tools and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience and familiarity with MRP systems including previous experience looking up status of work and material
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Previous experience working an matrix organization including partnering with other functions (i.e. Engineering, Quality, Logistics) in a manufacturing environment to achieve optimal results
- Ability to effectively communicate and escalate concerns and challenges as they arise
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Corporate regulatory policies
- Previous afternoon or evening shift experience preferred