Application Engineer – Hybrid Plant Solutions
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 222141
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Industry is looking for a Technical Analyst for their Alpharetta, Georgia location. The group is seeking a candidate who understands and can manage the typically fast pace requirements of a technical analyst position. The successful candidate will be joining our Distributed Energy Systems team in the Alpharetta Office and will report to the Director of Hybrid Power Solutions.
The candidate must have 10 - 15 years of combined experience and skills working on complex projects in the power distribution or power generation industries. Prefer someone with an Electrical Engineering background who has proven experience generating analysis and proposal content for Hybrid Plant solutions.
The position requires good time management skills and will be managing several customer requests simultaneously.
The focus will be on developing solutions for Hybrid Plants. In addition to the focus area, they will support the Distributed Energy Systems team performing system analysis using PSS DE optimization software. This function is responsible for the timely and effective completion of assigned work load. Specific tasks include reviewing customer RFP’s, developing solution concepts around Siemens products, determining solution costs, quantifying project execution risks, attending plant walk downs or customer meetings, and developing actual proposal documents. Additionally, this function provides pre-order technical support to the Sales Team during the selling cycle of assigned proposals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered.
- Minimum 8 years experience with electrical solutions such as, but not limited to, substation design, containerized electrical solutions, packaged inverters, LV and MV switchgear, MCCs, GSU and Aux Transformers, Protection Systems, Generators, ISO phase bus, generator breakers, UPS systems, bus ducts, panel boards, switchboards, VFDs, PLCs, Lithium Ion batteries, plant controls, SCADA and related equipment.
- Direct experience with application of utility scale energy storage systems.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants will have held specific technical functions such as field service engineer, project engineer, application engineer, etc. for an OEM company, EPC or A&E.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover