Engineering Project Manager (PM Specialist 4 )
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 222247
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Flanders, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
NY - Tarrytown, DE - Newark, NJ - Flanders
The Engineering Project Manager is the leader of the Global Engineering Organization’s R&D team and represents the GEO R&D team on the Project Core Team. The Engineering PM works closely with the Chief Engineer and the Project Core Team with responsibility to ensure the product and business value proposition is met.
The Engineering Project Manager (EPM) is part of the Project Management Office (PMO) organization.
Applies Project Management tools, practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of GEO product development activities within a project. Applies technical experience, judgement, and leadership to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed as appropriate and are in conformance with organization's established policies, procedures and objectives. Leads and directs the work of others within the project. As an individual contributor, must be highly effective at leading people without having direct functional authority over those same people.
The EPM will have a successful track record of leading technical projects of significant size, scope and complexity.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies Project Management principals to engage the GEO Engineering team in creating plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall Project Team commitments to the business.
• Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear.
• Represents the status of the GEO plan and schedule to the Project Core Team and to senior management.
• Project budgeting and resource management for all GEO deliverables within a project.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of all GEO project documentation.
• Provides support to the project team and business during audits by various internal and external agencies.
• Travel commensurate to lead cross-site project team.
• Comprehensive training and experience in Agile Project and Program Management disciplines.
• Strong technical, leadership and communication skills.
• Be an effective change agent when the GEO Organization deploys new tools and organizational structures as part of a vision to have a world class product development environment.
• Attention to quality in all activities and initiatives.
• Constantly assess the project against Product Business Case and Project goals to maintain the Project Value Proposition.
• Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants).
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field.
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Contingency planning and risk mitigation.
• Ability to analyze critical chain, and find opportunities instead of seeing constraints only as unchanging barriers.
• Bachelors Degree with 5 – 8 years of experience in Engineering / R&D.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Facilitates GEO R&D project planning activities.
Conducts GEO R&D progress and status meetings.
Participates as the GEO R&D representative on the Core Team.
Participates in Technical Product Ownership Team
Provides informative briefings to many levels of business leadership outside of the project organization.
Ensures GEO R&D activities are integrated with other business functions during product development.
Conduct recovery planning when project activities put project objectives at risk.
Proactively use Project and Technical Risk Management to make GEO R&D plans robust.
Effective presentation skills; An executive presence that creates confidence in key stake holders.
Facilitate effective planning sessions at many levels within the GEO R&D Organization.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
PMP Certification is desired but not required
Knowledge and training in Agile PM and Agile product development is desired.
Examples of successfully leading projects of increasing scope and complexity.
Experience in the IVD industry is desired.
Experience within the FDA Medical Device Design Control environment is desired.
Direction of Others:
Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
Key Working Relationships:
Acts as advisor to Project Core Team Leader and R&D Management.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.