MindSphere / Cloud Software Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222257
Primary Location: United States-California-Foster City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. This position contributes to the development of
MindSphere, a cloud based IOT platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver amazing IOT products to the market. As a high-performing senior member of an Agile Scrum, you will be expected to design, develop, test, and mentor. As a member of a self-directed, you may also take on roles in technical or solution
architecting, test framework design, dev ops solution, and even Scrum Master… depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
• Design and Development of SW and the associated test automation based on roughly predetermined architectures for a globally available cloud-based platform, together with colleagues in worldwide distributed
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 3+ years
• Web/Cloud Development Experience – 1+ years
• Agile Process Experience – 1+ years
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
• Experience with TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing approaches
• Experience in cloud computing.
• Experience in IOT and big data & analytics
• Experience in the Manufacturing or Energy domains
• Experience in Java and C++ development
• Experience enhancing Open Source software
• Bring something special to the team, like: Success as a technical leader, project leader, supervisor, dev ops, testing framework design, major test initiative design, or scrum master and a willingness to use
this experience/skill to make the team stronger participation in hiring interviews position reports to the MindSphere Foster City Manager.
To learn more about MindSphere, take a look at this video!