Systems Specialist - Building Automation Solutions - West Sacramento CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222294
Primary Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
- Performs wiring checkout and assists in automation systems start-ups utilizing commissioning tools.
- Coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Participates in job-site final-walk on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
- If improper operation is due to another component of the automations system not provided by contract, discusses problem with supervisor or customer and advises best course of action to rectify problem.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes requirements of system involved; checks and test systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment.
- Delivers technical support to end-users and field labor when applicable. Handles emergency service calls as directed during regularly scheduled hours and after hours as needed
- Trains customers on company system prior to job turnover.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required experience: Experience with the programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), AutoCAD, and MDT/CT.
Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Opportunities to explore different engineering businesses, different product/services, different geographies—on a global scale.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.