Manager of Project Execution (Federal Financed Projects)
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 222296
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
- Coordinate with leadership to determine needs and assess risks inherent with each project. Evaluate and develop a clear understanding of the expectations on each project through effective relationship management and resource evaluation and assignment.
- Lead and coach project managers to support successful project implementation and completion, including staffing projections and planning, project budgets, project bidding processes, project scheduling, logistics planning and subcontractor evaluation/procurement.
- Manage the performance of project managers and support the project managers’ professional growth and development.
- Manage and monitor project processes and procedures to ensure company standards are being met with regard to quality, safety and environmental requirements. As needed, conduct site visits and provide coaching to team members. Collaborate with leadership and others as assigned, to regularly evaluate the processes by which projects are executed.
- Work closely with the project team to evaluate project costs to date and develop/maintain an accurate forecast of project costs and profitability.
- Regularly evaluate the project schedule and implement adjustments necessary to maintain or recover the required goals/milestones.
- Lead project communication efforts among the project team and throughout the organization as needed, including regular reports to the ESCO leader and other stakeholders on the status of each project’s schedule performance, financial projection and risks affecting overall performance.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Implement the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Ensure a very good or better CPAR (Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting) evaluation from the Government Contracting Officer.
Ensure Project Kick-off meeting with a standardized regular project review process to comprehensively evaluate project safety, budget and schedule.
- Maintain projects have a uniform methodology for schedule creation, updating and reporting to help uncover potential issues early
- Project accountant is assigned to each project and that financial information/project status is properly coordinated and reported for monthly financial reviews
- Implement budget controls using cost loaded schedule, unit-tracking methodology and working in close coordination with supply chain for subcontractor and vendor buy-outs
- Project Safety Controls in close coordination with Safety Director including creating a uniform Operational Risk Management, daily safety briefing and reporting method to find and address any trends in safety incidents.
- Degree in Construction/Project Management or related field.
- At least (10) years of progressively responsible roles in Federal Construction Project Management; preferably in government contract management
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required
- Experience leading direct reports and managing their performance and professional development.
- Excellent people manager and interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative workforce.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Experience with Design/Bid/Build and Design/Build projects
- Experience with UFGS and UFC documentation
- Expert knowledge of finance and lifecycle costs
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in software, including Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Budget development and oversight experience