Controls Engineer - Technical Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 222351
Primary Location: United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens is seeking a Controls Engineer for Technical Services who will be responsible for the successful support of an electronic building automation system (BAS) managed services project for a U.S. Government customer at Albuquerque, NM.
This is a permanent position that will comprise a mix of managed services and BAS programming work in support of a long term and progressive government customer.
· Participate in semi-complex engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits.
- Support the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information.
- Participate in semi-complex specification development or preparation.
- Perform quality control functions related to the maintenance of PPCL programs, database, graphics, alarms, the startup and commissioning of Apogee BAS systems.
- Perform root cause analysis of BAS equipment malfunctions including field wiring and sensor troubleshooting and repair, MBC and PXC modifications, sensor replacement, component reprograming, and troubleshooting of P1 and P2 trunks.
- Support the preparation of semi-complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures.
- Participate in assembling semi-complex prototypes and ensures proper interaction of components
- Participate in documenting semi-complex internal engineering procedures via simple text, charts, graphs and diagrams.
- Provide monthly updates to SGT management and government customers on work performed, plans, budget, maintenance scheduling, project financials, staffing forecasts and overall project status.
- Define project goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and identify future and current technical expertise needed in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
- Train junior BAS maintenance personnel on the proper methodologies and procedures to maintain BAS equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Four (4) year engineering degree from an accredited university or college with supplemental field experience in building control systems design, component application, and HVAC design.
- Training in basics of electronics and circuitry or certifications received during training classes from industry vendors.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience creating PPCL programs, database, graphics, alarms, field wiring and sensor troubleshooting, MBC and PXC modifications, sensor replacement, component reprograming, and troubleshooting P1 and P2 trunks.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience with working controls knowledge of chiller plants, complex fan systems, laboratories, and cleanrooms.
- Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within services projects.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building drawings and technical descriptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise patience
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think on ones feet
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform inspection of work and speak to its status at any given time
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with an understanding of phone etiquette.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Current Secret or L Clearance
- Additional certifications as an installer or operator from Honeywell, Niagara, Johnson Controls, Automated Logic, Carrier, Schneider, etc.
- Siemens factory training on “Insight”, “Desigo” software, and TEC startup and troubleshooting.
- Experience in the field of Energy Engineering.
- Holds a Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Experience with performing energy calculations and analysis.
- Experience with using BAS systems to perform Retro-Commissioning
- Experience with electric, gas, and BTU metering.
- Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures.