Head Mechanical Engineering
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 222381
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Head of, Mechanical Engineering, will provide the engineering leadership for all Mechanical Engineering design development projects within Lab Diagnostics (LD), Global Engineering Organization (GEO) for Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc. This is a high visibility strategically critical position within LD GEO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness of the Mechatronics and Structure engineering group.
• Ensures resources are available for all mechanical engineering activities.
• Responsible for directing and managing all Mechanical Engineering activities. Ensures compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of product development applicable to the product development scope.
• Manage cost center spending, budgets and interface with R&D project leadership for resource demands, schedule, metrics, etc.
• Lead continuous functional excellence improvement efforts for Mechanical Engineering.
• Drive complete and full integration of Mechanical Engineering Development Teams across sites; this includes not only procedural harmonization but best practice, tool usage, resource sharing, and actual daily practice.
• Drive complete and full integration of Mechatronics and Structure engineering across sites; this includes not only procedural harmonization but best practice, tool usage, resource sharing, and actual daily practice.
• Travel commensurate to develop and maintain a cross-site Development function.
• Must be able to provide leadership and drive continuous improvement
• Ability to evaluate, review and critique Mechanical Engineering design.
• Strong knowledge of Product Development Process and Design Control
• Senior-level (director) experience in a large global corporate matrix environment
• Attention to quality in all initiatives
• Working understanding of DfSS, Design Optimization and Robustness, Knowledge Briefs (K-Briefs) and Knowledge Gap Analysis is strongly preferred.
• Champion of Reliability Engineering
• Knowledge of GMP for tooling, molding, design and process methods.
• Demonstrated success leading highly empowered teams and working with a diverse group of people at every level in an organization
• Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
• Working knowledge of Set Based Design is highly desirable.
• Strategic project management skills - with a strong emphasis on customer projects
• Experience designing medical devices or automation equipment is strongly preferred.
• In depth knowledge and application of investigative research and analysis
• Creativity in organizational approaches to engineering solutions/issues
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility employees and executive management.
• Demonstrated excellent performance and documented high potential for future assignments at senior levels in GEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 20 +years of experience in Mechanical Engineering / R&D.
• Masters or PhD a plus.