Sr. Field Site Technician - Fire/Life Safety & Security Solutions - Garfield Heights, OH
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222426
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Field Service Technician coordinates, manages implements, and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety
· Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software
programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation
equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding both systems maintenance and installations.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
· Required experience: 2+years installing and programming fire alarm systems.
· Required travel: 10%
· Other requirements:
o NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level III Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months
o Posses State Blue Card for Fire Alarm systems.
o Strong customer service skills.
o Good verbal and written communications skills in English
o Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of Microsoft Office.
o Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
o Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
o Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future
for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 2 to 3 years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· Computer based programming experience