Infrastructure Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222438
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating automated infrastructure and processes that meet or exceed the service level and CI/CD objectives. Key deliverables include IaaS environments that meet service level agreement; support the resource requirements of the development, QA, and customer value realization teams; enable CI/CD; meet compliance and best practice standards; and are well documented.
* Using Infrastructure As Code (IAC) best practices, create automated infrastructure within AWS, including package management, application load and configuration, and systems monitoring and administration.
* Deliver improvements to source code management, deployment, operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit tools and processes.
* Maintain a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
* Ensure the production environment is operating in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
* Implement and maintain CI/CD tools and processes to support development, QA, and customer value realization teams.
* Manage a service critical codebase with version control using Git
* Provide escalated support for high severity and critical network events
* Contribute to Operations strategy planning, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5+ years of IT experience (3+ years with Master’s Degree)
* Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically CodeSuite, EC2, ECS, Beanstalk, Lambda and Route53 technologies
* Experience with container and orchestrations tools, kubernetes & docker preferred
* Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, or equivalent tools
* Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
* 5+ years experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git, Ansible)
* 3+ years experience system automation with enterprise level requirements, distributed environments
* 2+ years experience with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
* Ability to adopt and extend continuous integration and testing processes,
* Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
* Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queueing, interfaces, and API development
* Act as a technical resource for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Strong understanding of Internet security considerations in web and application development
* 2+ years' experience with full-stack development of web interface applications
* 5+ years of Linux administration & troubleshooting
* 5+ years shell scripting - sh/bash/ksh
* 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
* Extensive experience managing network monitoring systems (Nagios preferred), backup systems (Netbackup Enterprise preferred), and configuration management systems (Ansible preferred)
* Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information security tools.
* Experience with SOC, FedRAMP compliance