MindSphere Solutions Architect - Senior Software Engineer - Plano, TX
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222453
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Digital Factory (DF) Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
MindSphere Solution Architect- Senior Software Engineer
Come join MindSphere team and drive the adoption by supporting development of the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Solution Architect – Senior Software Engineer to join our Siemens PLM MindSphere Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced team that actively engages and supports the technical aspects of MindSphere adoption by Siemens Divisions and Business units to enable Digitalization via IoT solutions.
Learn more about Mindsphere and catch our excitement watch the video below:
· Focal MindSphere technical contact for the Siemens Division on their journey to MindSphere adoption
· Support Divisions in developing a technical migration plan for existing platforms towards MindSphere
· Provide Technical Support & Guidance for architecting MindApps on MindSphere
· Collaboration with the Business Partner Manager on the engagement
· Work with cross-functional global MindSphere team of architects and product experts
· Engage with product management to influence the product roadmap based on needs from the Divisions
· Interact with Regional / Country-based peers and stakeholders from other organizations such as sales, services and other Divisions.
· Support scoping, planning & and execution of proofs-of-concept as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM discipline supplemented with real world technical engagement experience.
Required Technical Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
· Solution Architecture experience in the Enterprise Software, Cloud or SaaS industry – 8+ years
· Overall Software Development and Design Engineering – 10 years
· Strong Object-Oriented Design and Coding skills (Java on an UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform)
· Strong software development and architectural back ground using data structures, algorithms, design patterns and data modeling
· Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
· Proficiency in distributed architecture using web servers, caching, application servers and experience with RESTful web services
· Experience in integrating multiple systems using integration frameworks such as SOA, Federations and ESBs –
· Sound knowledge of JSON
· Experience designing and deploying applications to be: dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable.
· Experience in developing and implementing Micro Services.
· Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database Platforms – SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, and/or Dynamo DB.
· Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure or Cloud Foundry
· Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
· Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC.
· Self-Directed, High Energy and desire to innovate.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries.
· Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
· High degree of organization to provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle
· Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge/Experience in IoT and Big Data & Analytics.
· Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on Cloud Platforms (AWS/ Azure / Cloud Foundry).
· Selecting appropriate Cloud Services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements.
· Migrating complex, multi-tier applications to Cloud Platforms.
· Experience in Hadoop
· AWS or Azure Solution Architect Certification