Support Specialist - HVAC/Building Automation
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222520
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
The Support Specialist is a very important member of the team that works to keep our customers buildings safe, comfortable and smart.
Here is what you will be focused on:
· Support and assists more senior System Specialists in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed. Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for system controls; supports the upload of point database, assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
· Assist with the electrical installation of building automation controls devices and components.
· Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
We need you to have:
• High School Diploma or Board of Education approved GED required
• Demonstrate mechanical and/or electrical aptitude via professional or academic experience.
• Demonstrate ability to read Blueprints.
• Required travel: 20%
• Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, Smartphone and tablet.
• Must be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license in good standing, in order to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future need for sponsorship.
We would love you to have:
• Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
• Experience with IT Networking
• Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems, MS Office and AutoCAD
• Experience with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.)
• Experience with working independently
• Proficiency completing time based projects
• Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems