Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222524
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal Parcel and Airport Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking a DFMA Engineer to support product designs affecting Design, Manufacturing, and Customer Services.
This position will work with multiple cross functional teams to ensure the quality and integrity of our products in accordance with each business’s group requirements. This position is responsible for timely introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment while ensuring the highest levels of quality. This position will influence new product design teams to improve design for manufacturability.
In addition, this position acts a principle system integrator for the whole productive endeavor. A leading change agent that sits between product development and manufacturing in the value chain.
• Lead and define daily tasks for the Engineering technicians.
• Work closely with design engineering to proactively influence designs for better manufacturability; ensuring new products are designed for manufacturability and assembly.
• Work with engineering to reduce part costs across products. Analyze assembly parts and steps to determine assembly cost during design.
• Oversee initial product builds (engineering units, pilot units, demos,process validation units) and coordinate a smooth transfer of new products into production.
• Participate in design reviews and rate producibility for manufacturing. Recommend design changes based production quality data.
• Apply DFMA methods for parts and assemblies.
• Researches improvements in the industry to identify better assembly solutions to continuously improve designs (i.e. wiring harness terminations, fastener solutions, etc.).
• Identify new manufacturing processes, tooling or technology.
• Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding design and manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• BS in Engineering and trained/certified in Lean required.
• Working knowledge of new product introduction, manufacturing processes, design for manufacturability, design for assembly -- principles of DFMA is required.
• Previous Manufacturing Process experience in an ISO certified facility is required.
• 5 + years of experience in quality, manufacturing, product design or related area is required.
• Six-Sigma Black Belt Certification is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of steel fabrication methods and processes.
• SolidWorks or equivalent CAD program.
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) a highly desired.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and people management skills.
• Strong capability is the bridge between product development and manufacturing.
• Must be highly flexible regarding work schedule and responsibilities.
• Must be a consummate team player. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must. Strong coaching skills to provide training and development for the organization.
• Candidates should be self-managing.
• Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate, problem-solving ability and familiar with Lean Six-Sigma quality concepts and tools.
• Demonstrated commitment for product and process improvement.
• Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
• Executive level presentation skills.
This position primarily works in an office environment but will spend a fair amount of time in a production environment. May stand or sit for extended periods and require being able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.