Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222555
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics, LLC currently has an opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer within our Postal Test and Integration group. The candidate will repair, maintain, test, install and integrate specialized solutions to process letter mail, flats and parcels for the United States Postal Service (USPS). These customized solutions involve material handling equipment, customized high speed electrical circuits, advanced character recognition technology, sophisticated machines, PLC safety and robotics. An ideal candidate will have prior conveyor systems experience in several of these fields.
• Performs on-site and in-house troubleshooting, installations, overhauls, and/or repair equipment for complex products and other related products to customers.
• Performs maintenance using tools, test equipment, etc., and completes document of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
• Performs in active programs to increase customer satisfaction.
• Performs trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls
• Supports troubleshooting basic problems occurred by development team.
• Supports system integration with hardware and software development.
• Supports customer on-site field testing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and must be capable of pushing, pulling equipment on casters with assistance that can weigh as much as 1900lbs.
• Must be capable bending, crawling and work in tight spaces
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of conveyor systems.
Travel: up to 20% required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.