New Install Security Technician - Minneapolis, MN
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222616
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you ever curious about what new technology is currently trending and how that technology can be integrated into a
common platform to provide additional value to customers? Do you ever find yourself researching better ways to execute
your current job role using technology? If so, this is the career you have been waiting for. In a world where technology is
constantly changing this position will help grow our Siemens BT security team. This position will challenge you
with thinking outside the box and work with an innovation team to install new systems and maintain the highest
level of service for our customers by using the most advanced systems for the security industry.
• Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs security for new equipment
installation, equipment or system repairs.
• Network Technologies: Work in troubleshooting of card access database, hardware and that programming is consistent
with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs
up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and
resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution
of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
• Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; card access and CCTV data servers and
working with the local IT department on IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for branch installations and the customer site to
coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring
tools with customer's IT Department personnel; primary support is programming of card access and CCTV for these types
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to
demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work, assures customer acceptance;
trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; performs site walks and provides
written data back to sales for job quotes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
3+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and
Knowledge as presented above
- Anticipated travel 0-5%
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have great communication skills
- Must have experience with Access Control Systems, NVR Systems, IP Intercom Systems
- Must have experience with Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio, Google Search
- Must have experience with network equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Must have experience with Windows operating systems (Server 2012, 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc.)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle