CAD C++ Software Engineer Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222724
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
This position is as a Software Engineer working on a large commercial CAD application. The employee will perform design and software programming for the NX CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all of the SDLC steps of software design for one area of a product. The employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Contributes individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements of various projects.
• Maintains existing software code and resolves customer and internally reported problems.
• Able to write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time.
• Works with customers to understand and improve existing code for their area.
• Follows the various steps in the SDLC process including writing design documents and coding.
• Additionally, this developer will be required to have a strong background in OpenGL graphics, preferably with some experience in high
end visualization toolkits / software.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other numerate discipline from a reputed institute.
• Understading of the software development life cycle.
• Must have a VERY strong knowledge of object oriented language(s), preferrably C++.
• Very strong knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and design
• Must have demonstrated skills in design and programming
• Ability to continually improve and learn new areas
• Ability to work well in a team
• Easy to get along with
• Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development
• Desired to have knowledge of advanced algorithms in the CAD/CAM/CAE
• Experience in OpenGL, WebGL, Direct3D or programmable shaders will be a plus, preferably with some experience in high end visualization toolkits / software.