The Rail Automation business unit of Siemens Mobility regularly bids on projects to supply signaling and communication services and equipment in the U.S. rail markets. The ideal candidate for this Bid Manager role will prepare technical and price proposals in response to Requests for Proposals from our customers in the rail transit signal system market.
· Develop project estimates and proposals by analyzing drawings, specifications, and other documentation in order to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
· Participate in the review of legal and technical specifications to determine contractual, material and labor requirements
· Ensure the proper documentation and development of vendor, supplier, and subcontractor RFQ's and evaluate quotations received for accuracy and compliance to contract and Siemens' requirements.
· Order bid documents and specifications for potential projects.
· Ensure the successful development of pricing and technical proposals by integrating commercial, technical and contractual information provided by departments represented on the bid team.
· Development and maintenance of project risk register and risk mitigation tables for bid team and management review/assessment.
· Support sales account managers in order to ensure project bids are both competitive and meet the requirements of the end customer.
· Adopt a culture dedicated to the continuous improvement of the estimating / bidding activities.
· Review vendor proposal with Procurement and Engineering for technical and contractual compliance and prepare cost comparison to determine most beneficial vendor.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Mathematical competencies including financial analysis.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel.
· Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, even while working under time pressures and constant interruptions.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry and product-related technical information.
· Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communicative skills.
· Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
· Work well independently and as part of team demonstrating support for team decisions.
· Ability to travel as required ~5%
· 3 years of hands-on successful experience in rail signal engineering, project management or estimating and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification preferred
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Sales Professional with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.