Electronic Installer I - Security Systems
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222761
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Operations supervisor, performs or assists technicians with installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service agreements associated with access control, IP VMS, mass notification and intrusion systems.
· May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with fire, security, and energy management systems.
· Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock wiring as required. Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up.
· Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
· Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers. Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
High school diploma or GED required. Acquire local certifications and licenses.
Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Must be physically able to climb, work in high places and/or confined spaces. Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN TX DPS SECURITY LICENSE