Manufacturing Technician II
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 222791
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We currently have an exciting opening for a Manufacturing Technician to assemble and test medical equipment, as well as assemblies for mechanical calibration with software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the ability to identify and help resolve electrical and mechanical issues, mechanical alignments, performance & quality testing and loading proprietary company software. Additionally, experienced in trouble-shooting state of the art electronics and assembling major mechanical components preferred. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to follow processes and procedures and work independently.
This position is located in Hoffman Estates, IL.
• Supports semi-complex manufacturing related studies and processes.
• Gathers and records semi-complex production information; enters data into internal computer systems.
• Participates in semi-complex repairing and retesting for product and/or manufacturing facilities. Helps develop estimates of requirements arising from process changes.
• Resolves semi-complex manufacturing or maintenance related problems affecting daily
• May participate in technical problem solving/troubleshooting support to a manufacturing environment.
• Participates in troubleshooting for machine operations to determine parameters for improving efficiency in a production environment.
Associate’s degree in Electronics or 1-2 years of vocational technical training required. HS diploma or
equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility