Senior Electrical and Controls Automation Field Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222844
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
We currently have opportunities for senior undergraduate and graduate Field Controls Engineers. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background, several years’ experience in commissioning industrial controls systems and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools and in previous jobs to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will lead a team made of less experienced engineers with the goal of commissioning large Baggage Handling or Material Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Controls Engineering Leads, the candidate will be required to participate in testing and commissioning of automated Baggage and Material Handling systems. That includes configuring the on site control system, (networks, PLCs, drives etc.), support the electrical installation team when issues arise, , red mark electrical schematics as needed, troubleshoot controls issues, test the system functionality, modify PLC programs as needed to achieve specified system functionality. The candidate will, at times, be the most senior controls engineer at the job site, and as such he will be responsible for coordinating the work of the other controls engineers, and interface with the other disciplines (electricians, mechanics etc.) and with the customer.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation Engineering/Technology
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must
• Willingness to travel (mainly domestic) approximately 40 % of the time or to relocate for long time assignment where the project site is located.
• Working knowledge of programming PLC
• Five years experience commissioning PLCs, in particular Schneider, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
• Five years experience commissioning industrial machinery or systems.
• Five years experience troubleshooting industrial networks
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems controls design or commissioning.