Electrical and Controls Automation Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222845
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
We currently have opportunities for entry level undergraduate and graduate controls engineers. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of project team and learn the intricacies of Automated Baggage and Material Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Controls Engineering Leads, the candidate will be required to participate in design, development, testing and commissioning of automated Baggage and Material Handling systems. Assists in the design of systems that integrate electrical hardware and software. Assists in controls material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Provides assistance in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
• Electrical Schematics & Panel Design (Controls Panel Design, Power Distribution Panel Design) using AutoCAD electrical and/or Eplan
• Network design using Profinet, Profibus, ASi bus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, EthernetIP, ModbusTCP, Modbus Plus
• Development of Scripts using Visual Basic, Python etc
• PLC architecture design
• PLC programming with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, Siemens Simatic S7 (Simatic Manager, TIA), Schneider (Proworx, Concept, Unity)
• Function block programming, Ladder logic programming. STL programming
• HMI development using SiemensWinCC or Rockwell Factorytalk View (faceplates for motor controls, dynamic equipment status graphics), alarm management, and trending in HMI and SCADA applications
• Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans)
• Testing using emulation tools like Emulate 3D, Automod
• Field commissioning and startup of Baggage Handling and Cargo Systems
• Providing customer support
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must
• Willingness to travel (mainly domestic) approximately 40 % of the time
• Working knowledge of programming in C / C++ / C#, Python, Java
• Working knowledge of programming PLC
• Working knowledge of VB, Access and SQL Server would be a definite asset
• Two years experience programming PLCs, in particular Schneider, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
• Two years experience designing industrial machinery or systems.
• High level of AutoCAD electrical or Eplan skills,
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems controls design.