Electrical and Controls Automation Field Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222846
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidate will work with experienced engineers as a part of project team and learn the intricacies of Automated Baggage and Material Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Controls Engineering Leads, the candidate will be required to participate in testing and commissioning of automated Baggage and Material Handling systems. That includes configuring the on-site control system, (networks, PLCs, drives etc.), support the electrical installation team when issues arise, red mark electrical schematics as needed, troubleshoot controls issues, test the system functionality, modify PLC programs as needed to achieve specified system functionality.
• Electrical Schematics red marks
• Network configuration -- (Profinet, Profibus, ASi bus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, EthernetIP, ModbusTCP, Modbus Plus
• PLC programs download
• PLC programming testing and changes -- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, Siemens Simatic S7 (Simatic Manager, TIA), Schneider (Proworx, Concept, Unity)
• HMI program downloads -- Siemens WinCC or Rockwell Factorytalk View (faceplates for motor controls, dynamic equipment status graphics), alarm management, and trending in HMI and SCADA applications
• Testing the system based on test plans
• Provide post commissioning stand by support
• Provide customer support
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong command of English Language both written and verbal a must
• Willingness to travel (mainly domestic) approximately 40 % of the time or to relocate for long time assignment where the project site is located.
• Working knowledge of programming PLC
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Two years experience commissioning PLCs, in particular Schneider, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
• Two years experience commissioning industrial machinery or systems.
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems controls design or commissioning.