Senior Administrative Assistant
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 222986
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
This Administrative Assistant position supports the Customer Support and Project Management organizations of EM LP. This position works with various teams to provide the knowledge, resources, and tools that help Siemens deliver exceptional quality service to our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience working in office environment supporting a large and diverse organization. Candidates must be proactive, detailed oriented, handle multiple interruptions and still maintain focus on the tasks at hand. The position is highlight visible throughout the business; therefore the right candidate should have a positive attitude, high energy, and a welcoming personality.
- Order supplies through SRM
- Create and manage Purchase Requisitions/Orders
- Manage Director’s Calendar
- Maintain Org Charts and Department KPIs as necessary
- Provide travel arrangements and process Expense Reports by using in-depth knowledge of meeting, travel and expense policies.
Schedule and Coordinate Department meetings
- Plan and manage customer engagements, staff and department meetings, and other events as needed
- Primary liaison for the 5405 Norcross facility working closely with CBRE, vendors, and other Siemens organizations to maintain and improve the working environment
- Manage and coordinate projects as assigned Support other organizations and staff as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High Level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work accurately.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent follow-up skills
- MS Office, MS Outlook and Windows 7
- Understands the Siemens organization with ability to escalate and resolve issues
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Experience supporting a team of 100 plus employees; including Senior Management,
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills interface with personnel at all levels.
- Highly skilled attention to detail and self-assurance of quality of work performed
- Excellent use of grammar and punctuation
- Readily and proficiently share knowledge with colleagues.
- Maintain and apply working knowledge and skillfully navigate firm and service line structures,
- Demonstrate initiative and focus on customer service.
- Demonstrate advanced skills with internal knowledge tools, such as I-Share, Intranet
websites, SAP, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accept and execute special assignments with minimal supervision as needed.
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
- Associate Degree or appropriate formal training in a related discipline or equivalent business experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.