Software Engineer, Sr
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 223018
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Looking for an opportunity to work on a next generation product using the latest technologies for a great company? Well, this may be what you are looking for. Come join a team of highly motivated software engineers and help shape the future of Siemens Healthineers!
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be tasked with taking on responsibility and ownership, along with our SW architects, for translating our software and system requirements into component designs and implementing them using the latest technologies.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer are, as an individual and team participant, to:
1. Perform design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and implementation per product requirements and associated use cases/scenarios
2. Design and develop secure software solutions
3. Complete estimates for software modules under development, and estimates own work
4. Complete design, implementation, unit test, code review and static code analysis activities
5. Participate in risk management (project, technical, and hazard) activities
6. Provide mentorship to junior engineers
The following list presents the primary technical education, skills and programming experience expected of a Senior Software Engineer:
1. B.A or equivalent experience in a technical field
2. Overall job experience of 5-8 years in the medical device, aerospace, defense or finance space
3. Strong Object - Oriented Design and Development
4. Java and Android experience a must.
5. Developing software for embedded systems a plus
6. Test Driven Design experience a plus
7. Experience in SCRUM practices
1. Possess the ability to apply the fundamentals of programming languages to solve complex engineering problems
2. A general understanding of Operating Systems, Networks and Databases
3. Developing software solutions within an IDE (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, intellij, Eclipse, Android Studio)
4. Possesses strong written, presentation, and general communication skills
5. Communicate task status to the team lead and manager
6. Perform presentations of technical findings and developments
7. Interact with other test and development personnel on a project
8. Manage own priorities, with support from the Technical Leads
9. Ability to peer-review software requirements, design documents and code
10. Ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel