Technical Support Technician 3
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 223036
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Technical Support Technician 3 is the direct link between our customers and exceptional, technical customer support. At Siemens-Healthineers, we understand the critical need of a quick and efficient resolution, and due to a growing business need, have an opportunity for a Technical Support Technician with an MRI background.
· Provide technical support to incoming customer calls for MRI, triage the call through attempting remote diagnosis and/or telephone repair directly with customer. If remote diagnosis/repair is not possible, triage customer call for appropriate routing of customer’s request dispatching to field based resources.
· Create notifications for incoming customer calls, utilize real time task management for documentation of work performed. During the service request clarification, TST will concisely document current problem description. If request is to be routed for dispatch, TST shall provide recommended action plan in notification if possible.
· Utilize remote diagnostics in assisting Customers with resolving equipment issues.
Actively participate in the periodic review of equipment logs received via SRS when available.
· Execution of escalation processes.
· On-site repair of customer equipment as required.
· Work on-call/stand-by or travel out of the assigned area as scheduled by the Operations Manager in order to meet obligations of customer contracts and to respond to emergencies.
· Assists with the coordination of new product introductions as they relate to product support.
To qualify, all applicants must possess the following:
· A technical Associate's Degree from an accredited school or 1-2 years of vocational training. Equivalent experience may substitute education requirements
· Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical (MRI) equipment required
· 5+ years field service experience with MRI devices
· Demonstrated customer relations soft skills