Cloud Services Software Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223037
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. As the member of the Licensing and Business Intelligence team you will have an opportunity to contribute into our software protection, analytics and licensing solutions used by Siemens PLM products.
You will design, implement, deploy and maintain cloud services and common toolkits used by all Siemens PLM products; deploy and develop software protection and anti-piracy solutions, develop cloud systems to collect and process analytics data and enforce software licensing.
• Design, implementation, tests, documentation and support of cloud services, common toolkits and infrastructure which will be utilized across all company products to provide business intelligence solutions, licensing support and application security protection.
• Participate in support and development of Software Analytics and Business Intelligence technologies.
• Participate in support and development of licensing toolkit.
• Participate in support and development of anti-piracy solutions.
• Specific domains: cloud technologies, data mining and analysis, Big Data solutions, container based cloud deployments, micro services, Java and C/C++ API development, server-side code for Web and general purpose servers, Web UI.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience writing algorithms, designing data structures, application of object oriented methods and knowledge of design patterns.
• Extensive programming experience in Java.
• Development experience in cloud technologies (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure)
• Experience with development on multiple platforms (UNIX, Windows, Linux, MacOS).
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Self-Directed, High Energy.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A minimum of 3 year experience in preferably three of the following areas:
• Large application performance and/or memory usage optimization, building of distributed scalable systems
• Design and development of micro services
• Container based cloud deployments (Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
• UI design for Web and/or desktop application
• Development experience with relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
• DevOps for cloud solutions
• Experience enhancing Open Source software
• Coding skills in scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.)
• Agile Process Experience.
Development or/and user experience with data analysis tools and techniques, AI algorithms, Business Intelligence systems is a plus.Want to learn more about Cloud @ Siemens PLM Software? Check-out this video!