C++ Numerical Analysis Software Engineer-Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223074
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Simulation and Test Services (STS) is seeking an Advanced Software Engineer to join the STAR-CCM+ Post Analysis Framework team. STAR-CCM+ is used by thousands of engineers around the world in multiple industries to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, and solid stress. The Analysis Framework team develops the software infrastructure for efficient, accurate analysis and visualization of this simulation data. Day-to-day development involves knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
• Computer Science: performance optimization, memory optimization, file serialization and backward compatibility, advanced data structures and algorithms, user interface, and object oriented software design.
• Computational geometry: sorting/intersection/computation of geometric quantities on 3D polygonal geometry, coordinate transformations, etc.
• Numerical analysis: interpolation, differentiation, and integration
• Parallel Programming: MPI, multithreading, data parallelism.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline.
• 2 years of experience developing in C/C++ on medium to large size development teams in industry or research.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate within a large distributed development organization.
• Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux).
• Working knowledge of computational geometry, numerical analysis, and software engineering.
• Willingness to travel a few weeks per year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ph.D. in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline.
• 5 years of experience developing in C/C++ on a medium to large size development team on commercial engineering simulation software.
• Deep knowledge of one or more of the above mentioned areas.
• Working knowledge of engineering simulation.