SSP Software Development Student Co-op (ECS, Milford)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223091
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Engineering Consulting Services Organization
Discover your career with us at
Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Fall 2018 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company. We have positions available in our Global Technical Access Center (GTAC), which sits within our Engineering Consulting Services organization.
Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is an organization within Siemens PLM responsible for creating custom tools for Siemens PLM Software implementation engineers. Within ECS, our Global Technical Access Center (GTAC) supports our global customers in the use of PLM Solutions. Our high-level engineering professionals provide virtual assistance to PLM customers who use our NX CAD product suite. In your role as a student co-op, you will assist engineers in supporting customers in the use of Teamcenter software by creating environments and tools for the support group to use while assisting customers. You will follow a work plan designed to develop your professional skills and provide exposure to a broad range of duties and responsibilities.
- Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
- Studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United State without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Sharp troubleshooting and investigation skills
- Strong analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Dependable and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PDM product experience is a bonus
- NX or other 3D CAD Software experience is a bonus
- Working knowledge of Linux, Apache, Oracle, MSSQL, PHP and Perl is a bonus
- Experience with HTML, HTML scripting language, knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java/J2EE is a bonus
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program