Sr. Staff Process Engineer, Ultrasound Transducer
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 223128
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Senior Staff Process Engineer for the development of transducers at Siemens Healthineers.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment as part of an R&D team developing ultrasound transducer products and advanced technologies. They will perform process development and modifications, process and tool evaluations, and failure analysis on ultrasound transducers. He/She will act as a liaison between the development and manufacturing engineering groups to facilitate the transfer of technical knowledge and resolve issues as well as coordinate post-release sustaining efforts on new products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Materials, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or a related science; MS preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a process engineering role or equivalent; medical device experience preferred
- Experience with the development and optimization of processes for the fabrication of ultrasound transducers using the DFM and DFSS skill sets within the FDA Guidelines
- Experience with the transfer of fabrication processes from development to manufacturing encouraging cross-site understanding and the exchange of technical knowledge
- Optimize and document processes for manufacturing; transfer designs and processes to manufacturing personnel.
- Experience with processing and characteristics of materials used in the architecture of ultrasound transducers including RTV, Urethane, PZT and single crystal ceramics
- Able to provide guidance and act as a technical lead for transducer development working in a cross functional team of engineers and technicians
- Experience performing failure analysis and determining root cause on defective transducers
- Experience evaluating technologies such as high density interconnects, single crystal processing techniques, or fine pitch element fabrication.
- Experience creating and evaluating Design of Experiments using Minitab software preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Able to work pleasantly and respectfully with others in a fast-paced environment
- Approximately 10% international and domestic travel required