Senior Staff Network Architect
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 223137
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining complex data communication networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets and wireless networks
• Ensure that networks and systems are secure and reliable by protecting and enforcing network boundaries, update and harden systems to prevent attacks, and investigate suspicious activities in the environment.
• Perform network diagnostics using tools such as Wireshark, Shunra, SmartSniff, NetStat, etc.
• Understanding of various TCP/IP based network protocols such as telnet, FTP, ping, HTTP, etc.
• Evaluate and specify computer hardware configuration and determine to meet system performance requirements.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise installation, configuration and administration.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Servers installation, configuration and administration
• Experience with Windows Active Directory management and administration
• Experience with MS Team Foundation Server and Sharepoint administration
• Manage department-wide file servers, file shares access
• Participate in project biddings and technical proposal write-ups for customer projects relating to the areas of network, operating system and information security
• Create documentation describing the architecture and procedures for our networks, to be utilized by multiple support teams
• Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines to meet customer needs.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with other to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
• Knowledge of governance, including policies, practices, procedures, and decision forums
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Certification may be required in some areas.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering experience.