Staff Software / Firmware Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 223138
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
- Design and develop programmable controls and software for complex mail sortation equipment.
- Design controls using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experience with IBM - Rational Rhapsody Developer is preferred.
- Must have good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) concept.
- Real Time Embedded System Development experience in C/C++
- Expert in C / C++, C#, Java
- Proficient in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using OOD methodology
- Proficient in developing software/systems from functional requirements
- Distributed systems architecture experience
- Proficient in Multithreaded application development
- TCP/IP communications application development experience
- Working knowledge of simulation packages such as Emulate 3d, Demo 3d (for system) is preferred.
- Develop timing and physical implementation constraints, execute verification plans
- Hold detailed design reviews for system designs
- Completes the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, executes complex test specifications.
- Lead design integration activities with cross-functional engineering teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s is preferred) in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is required
- 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to align stakeholders to execute the corporate and project strategy
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a rapidly-changing environment