Site Installation Technician - Commercial Access Control and Video Surveillance - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223204
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Are you ever curious about what new technology is currently trending and how that technology can be integrated into a common platform to provide additional value to customers? Do you ever find yourself researching better ways to execute your current job role using technology? If so, this is the career you have been waiting for. In a world where technology is constantly changing this position will help grow our Siemens BT security team. This position will challenge you with thinking outside the box and work with an innovation team to install new systems and maintain the highest level of service for our customers by using the most advanced systems for the security industry. This position provides technical service to customer IP based Security Systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs security tasks for new equipment installation, equipment or system repairs.
• Network Technologies: Assists in troubleshooting of card access database, hardware and that programming is consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
• Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; card access and CCTV data servers and working with the local IT department on IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for branch installations and the customer site to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; primary support is programming of card access and CCTV for these types of installations.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work, assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; performs site walks and provides written data back to sales for job quotes.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/schedules as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Education:
A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems. 2-3 years in the installation and maintenance of Security products as well as successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have great communication skills
- Must have experience with Access Control Systems, NVR Systems, IP Intercom Systems
- Must have experience with Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio, Google Search
- Must have experience with network equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Must have experience with Windows operating systems (Server 2012, 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc.)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle.