HVAC - Controls System Technician I - Building Automation - Norfolk, VA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223514
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Norfolk
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an HVAC Controls Systems Specialist I to support our Building Automation business in Norfolk, VA. The Systems Specialist I will be required to coordinate, manage, implement and/or perform technical product support, installation, and initial programming for equipment that has been newly installed.
· Under supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems on non complex including troubleshooting of systems.
· Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
· Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
· Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
· Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
· Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems controls
· Creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work.
· Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
· Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
· 1-3 years experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician or Specialist is required, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
· Temperature control automation experience a plus
· Computer, Electronic, Electrical Knowledge and or experience a plus
· Interpersonal and writing skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.