Research Scientist – Generative Design and Manufacturing
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 223587
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 20%
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
What are my responsibilities?
• Lead the research activities focused at applying modern AI techniques to real world problems in 3D geometric design and manufacturing.
•Research, design, and implement algorithms and techniques for 3D geometric reasoning in generative design and computer-aided manufacturing.
• Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
• PhD required in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
• 7+ plus years of related experience.
• Expertise in geometry processing is a must.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required in combination with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and can do attitude.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34