Construction Site Superintendent - (LANL/ New Mexico)
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 223599
Primary Location: United States--
Other Locations: United States-New Mexico-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in the delivery of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs), standalone solicitations for Purchase Power Agreements (PPAs) and US Army renewable energy MATOCs.
This position will focus on alternatively financed large energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, including retrofits of lighting, water, building envelope, HVAC, building automation, solar thermal and solar PV.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of site construction activities and supervising subcontractors as required to complete the project successfully, meeting project requirements for cost, schedule and quality.
· Support the Project Manager by directing subcontractors and foremen to ensure timely and quality completion of contracted work.
· Review daily subcontractor construction reports and take action as necessary.
· Prepare daily project reports based on reporting from subcontractors, trades and material vendors
· Identify and problem-solve to maintain the project schedule and project budget.
· Ensure work conforms to contracted statement of work, project plans and specifications.
· Create and manage job schedules with the Project Manager to include baseline development, cost loading, schedule status and schedule forecast.
· Supervise inspections, testing, commissioning and final punch out in accordance with commissioning and quality control plan.
· Ensure that personnel working on project site are complying with installation and command directives for badging and access, including any requirements for escorted access.
· Ensure personnel working on project site are noted on the contractor certified payroll at the appropriate wage rate and classification. Support weekly certified payroll reporting to the contracting officer.
· Review with the Project Manager all subcontractor invoices versus subcontract schedule of values, scope performed and material utilized.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors and suppliers.
· Lead and/or attend regular construction meetings to support efficient communication among project stakeholders.
· Plan and direct site mobilization/demobilization activities (laydown areas, site restoration).
· Timely and accurate reporting of all worksite quality action in accordance with quality control plan.
· Immediate, accurate reporting of all project safety incidents.
· Promote safe work practices with the intent of preventing injuries.
· Ensure work is executed in accordance with site accident prevention plan and activity hazard analyses.
· Deliver safety briefings as appropriate.
· Must be a United Sates Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to any other country, or Visas of any type.
· Associate’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in the field od engineering or construction management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with on-site supervision of federal construction projects.
· Federal experience on projects of greater than $10 Million in size.
· Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, codes, policies and procedures.
· Experience in lighting, water, building envelope, HVAC, building automation, solar thermal and solar PV under Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) is highly preferred.
· Profit & Loss/Business Unit experience would be beneficial
· Capable of reading and interpreting building plans and specifications.
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
· Ability to present a professional and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities; works well in a team environment
· Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel and Word
· Reliable transportation to/from site required.
· Local Occupational License Preferred
· 30-Hour Health & Safety Course will be required upon hire.
Must be US citizen and have ability to obtain federal government security clearance, if later required.