Distributor Sales Rep
Business Unit: Sales, Control Products & Systems
Requisition Number: 223629
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a Territory Sales Manager focused on Channel Sales for Building Automation - HVAC Products. The territory includes Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Candidates must reside in given territory.
The Distributor Sales Professional prospects and sells to the Siemens TALON Channel. We are looking for someone to manage and grow the territory to achieve profitable growth and volume projections. This person will report to the Sr. Sales Manager and have no direct reports.
* Independently manages assigned customers and develops new leads to achieve annual business plans within given territory on non-installed parts shipments through authorized distributors, independent contractors, and factory branch channels.
* Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned markets to achieve profitable growth and volume requirements.
* Conducts ongoing sales calls to distributors, contractors and assists factory branches in achieving annual sales plans.
With distributors, develops annual marketing plans and review quarterly.
* Develops, reviews, and modifies total parts plan for factory branches covering all territory activity and implement.
* Continually monitor competitive activity in all channels and communicate relevant information to the appropriate personnel as needed.
* Assists product managers with new product roll outs including training, supporting documents, competitive activity/ responses, test sites, focus groups, promotions and all other relevant issues.
* Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional meetings, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
* Continue to pursue in-depth product knowledge and to deepen selling, technical, financial and management skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
All qualified candidates MUST have the following:
1. 5 plus years experience selling Building Automation/HVAC Products.
2. Excellent relationship building skills.
3. A good mix of Account Management and New Business Development Skills - 60% Account Management and 40% New Business Development.
4. Candidate will sell to the Talon Channel.
5. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
7. Previous channel management experience preferred.
8. Ability to travel 75% of the time.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.