Crystal Growth Technician
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 223679
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Rockford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
In the role of a Crystal Growth Operator/Technician you will be required to work with furnaces that grow crystals that are used in our scanners all around the world.
Please note this role will require flexibility to work alternative shifts as needed and us currently working 7 days a week.
· Build and operate RF furnaces and simple electro-mechanical systems related to crystal growth and/or to crystal fabrication.
· Growing crystals used in imaging equipment
· Work with materials in the furnace
· Mix raw materials to a specified mixture
· Maintenance on equipment
· Monitor various crystal growth processes
· Operation record keeping, maintaining accurate records of all processing steps on paper and in database
· Follow process MPI documentation and safety procedures
· HS Degree
· Good communication and computer skills (Word and Excel)
· Strong understanding of operating electrical and mechanical equipment.
· Experience of working in product oriented technical-industrial environment.
· Ability to interpret and analyze complex instrumentation
· Ability to lift a minimum of 35Lbs
· Detail Orientated
· Ability to multitask in a fast moving environment
· Must be comfortable working in hot environment
Preferred experience, skills and education
· Associates degree
· Hands-on laboratory experience
· Experience of working with chemicals
· Experience maintaining complex equipment used for production
· Experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues