Customer Services and Engineering Services Student Co-op (S&SE KG)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223699
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Customer Services and Engineering Services Student Co-Op
Location: Troy, Michigan
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Provide assistance in the support of Siemens PLM customers using LMS products through back-office tasks (shipping / receiving, data entry, licensing), direct customer support of engineering work via phone / email / web, and execution of funded engineering services project work. You will get the opportunity to:
- Report to a Technical Leader
- Learn and maintain shipping / receiving tasks and logging of activities
- Assist with the generation of customer licenses and provide direct support for installation and licensing questions
- Attend LMS product training classes and then execute local example projects to apply the technology to real-world or academic problems
- Assist in the daily customer service tasks of phone / email / web support and the teaching of training classes related to LMS products and services
- Assist in marketing events and presales activities
- Apply knowledge gained at Siemens PLM in the execution of funded customer consulting work as part of the Engineering Services organization
- Apply knowledge gained at Siemens PLM in the research, writing and publication of an undergraduate thesis per Kettering University guidelines.
Pursuit of an engineering or applicable science bachelor’s degree at Kettering University. Co-op students are expected to work two work terms a year for the length of the degree program. Students alternate 11 week academic terms with 12 week terms of progressively challenging work. A section students will attend school July-September, January-March and work Oct-Dec, April-June. B Section students will work July-September, January-March and attend college Oct-Dec, April-June.
- Willingness to learn and take personal responsibility for tasks and quality of work.
- Flexibility in the willingness to accept varied jobs and responsibilities.
- Maintenance of ‘good academic standing’ at Kettering university.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Ability to travel in later years of co-op program.
- Interest in one or more technical areas related to LMS products and services.