Traffic Signal Technician
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 223700
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The traffic signal maintenance technician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, and ongoing operation of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) equipment. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as a traffic signal maintenance technician.
- Must have Level II IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Certification.
- In California, applicants must have valid NEC electrical certification.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
- May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.