Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Florida-MiramarAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Performs assigned tasks on Fire and Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include minor repair, as well as visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems sprinkler risers and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire alarm and sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred.
Responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
•Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
Must have working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.