Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage/Transmission Line)- Orlando
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 223792
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage Substation & Transmission Line)
The successful applicant for this position may work with the following components and systems, but is not limited to following:
The entire life cycle of the High Voltage Substation and Transmission Line will be managed and coordinated by the Electrical Engineer, commencing with proposal support and contract award, detailed Engineering Phase through construction / commissioning and plant startup.
1) Perform Overall H.V System Review for the Simple and Combined Cycle Power Plants.
2) Act as a Chief Architect of the H.V. Electrical Design
3) Expert in Code Compliance (NEC, IEEE, ANSI, IEC)
4) Knowledge of ISO requirements (NERC, PJM, ERCOT etc)
5) Knowledge of USA Utility requirements
6) As a Licensed Professional Engineer (if exists) shall be willing to Stamp project specific drawings.
7) Willing to get P.E. License (if P.E. Licensed) for different States where ever the Project exists.
8) Develop the department by mentoring other engineers for reviewing the H.V Substation scope of work.
9) Develop Reference documentations and Processes for the above Equipments and Systems.
10) Support the Proposals Department in developing proposals.
a. Development of Electrical Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for the Contruction Estimates.
b. Work with suppliers to provide performance data, pricing, and availability to support Proposals Department deliverables.
c. Evaluate competitive bids from suppliers to ensure they meet the requirements of the technical specification.
11) Write generic and site-specific technical specifications for any or all of the above components and systems. Develop Master Document List (MDL) to clarify supplier software deliverables and due dates.
12) Conduct design review & discuss any lessons learned with chosen equipment supplier to ensure all requirements of the technical specification are understood and will be met.
13) Coordinate with Architect/Engineers, partners, and Customers to support timely transmittal and understanding of supplier technical documents. Review design documents submitted by suppliers and approve or comment.
14) Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) for any or all of the above components and systems. Ensure all components are thoroughly tested and meet the performance and quality requirements established in the technical specification.
15) Site Support: Support commissioning and start-up activities for any or all of the above components and systems. Conduct readiness reviews, and participate in pre-commissioning activities with supplier Technical Field Assistants (TFAs).
16) Site Support: Respond to Architect/Engineer and site requests for information (RFIs); engineering changes to manufacturing information (ECMIs); product change management (PCM) recommendations; and field deficiency reports (FDRs) related to any or all of the above components and systems.
17) Perform communication of complex technical and commercial issues
18) Drive standardization and innovation of Electrical equipment and systems described above
19) Initiate department Research and Development projects, ensuring achievement of applicable goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering in related field
- 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration
- Knowledge of 50Hz and 60Hz standards for the power plant electrical equipments.
- Work independently and in a team environment on Complex assignments.
- Mentor, train and give directions to lower level engineers.
- Knowledge of power plant electrical equipments
- Knowledge of electrical equipments integrated within a gas turbine simple cycle plant, gas turbine combined cycle plant, or conventional steam power plant, as applicable.
- Power Plant & HV Substation Electrical Components and System design
- Analysis and design of power plant & HV Substation system / component operation, startup, synchronization and shutdown
- Knowledge and Experience with NEC / IEEE or/and IEC Standards for the above Electrical Equipments and Systems.
- Knowledge and Experience with relevant tools like ETAP / SKM etc
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Advanced knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Travel up to 20% as needed (Domestic/International)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- Prior working Experience with an Architect Engineering OR EPC firms.
- Site construction and/or commissioning experience with the above equipment