Technical Sales Support Professional-IL -MI
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 223849
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
- Reduce administrative burden of salespeople - Run internal interference & keep Sales Engineers in front of customers
- Be responsive to the customer – Eliminate delays to respond & “Help them buy”
- Identify opportunities for improving upstream inefficiencies in back-office processes impacting Sales
- Ensure timely communication of information back to the customer at the request of the Sales Manager or Sales Engineer
- Customer facing responsibilities including:
- Regularly meet with customers to understand needs and ensure we’re positioned to effectively support incoming requests.
- Direct calls with customers to clarify Request For Quotation positioning
- Support distributor customer pipeline meetings to better assist distributors in moving opportunities forward
- Joint sales calls with Sales Engineer for teaming and effective hand off of projects to ensure customer satisfaction
- Attend and support external Marketing events (i.e., local Vertical events, Mfg in America, etc.) to meet customers and prospect for new customers
- Simple proposal development (cross-divisional systems proposals) and response for quotations at the request of the Sales engineer and to ensure no delay for the customer. Coordination point (leveraging other BU and Customer Support teams) for product migration proposals.
- Evaluate and improve channel inside sales personnel competency regarding available Siemens sales toolset working with our Channel Sales team and Channel Mgmt training function. Teach distributors to use tools vs. doing for them.
- Keep the pricing / Vendavo process moving on behalf of Sales Engineer including pricing agreement modifications, entering and approving Vendavo requests
- Siemens Contacts - General and Local: Maintain Siemens contacts (general and local) documentation of "who to call"
- Facilitate LoA process on behalf of the Sales Engineer including contacting BU regarding discounts when needed and obtain e-mail approval before submitting for pricing approval.
- Coordinate customer Account Set-up including all administrative requirements for setting up a new customer
- Entry of SIIL investment requests and follow-up regarding status and respond on behalf of Sales Manager or Sales Engineer as directed
- Lead qualification including ensuring leads received from Demand Gen / Lead Central are Sales Ready through direct communication with lead contacts
- Maintain accurate record of activities within the Philos CRM
- BS/BA in Business or related discipline.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- 0-3 years Customer Support experience is required.
- Experience with automation & Drives technology, and or industrial software is a plus.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.