Entry Level Software Tester S1 Embedded SW House
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 223864
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
As a Test Design Professional II at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of delivered product meets or exceeds defined requirements.
- Develop test designs and test cases for verification and validation of product functionality through manual and automated tests.
- Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective coverage.
- Participate in review of product specifications with respect to testability and provide feedback.
- Report on test status and outcomes to Sr. Test Design Professionals.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Develop automated tests based upon manual test procedures as input from Sr. Test Design Professionals.
- Provide input on test strategy and provide estimates on test efforts to Sr. Test Design Professionals.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas. Typically 2-5 years experience or more.
- Solid working knowledge of industry-standard testing methodologies.
- Solid knowledge in at least one test automation platform (e.g. Ranorex, QTP, Jasmine).
- Experience with test plan management tools (e.g. Quality Center, TFS).
- Experience with risk based testing.
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.