MindSphere Software Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223937
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. This position contributes to the development of Mindsphere, a cloud based IOT platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver amazing IOT products to the market. Your project assignments will play critical role in shaping how Industry 4.0 will get developed, adopted by customers and new business models proven out globally across industrial automation, energy, building technologies, mega-cities, healthcare and other sectors. This opportunity allows you to capitalize on your energy, technical acumen, quick learning and team collaboration skills to accelerate career progression in a unique setting that is combination of “thrill of a start-up” with “stability and state of art resources from Global fortune 50 company”.
As a high-performing senior member of an Agile Scrum, you will be expected to design, develop, test, and mentor. As a member of a self-directed, you may also take on roles in technical or solution architecting, test framework design, dev ops solution, and even scrum master depending on the needs of the team and your ability to contribute.
• Design and development of the features and modules working closely with stake holders and development teams to ensure delivery of a high quality product.
• Design software solutions based on requirements and architectural design guidelines.
• Implement features and/or bug-fixes in accordance with coding guidelines.
• Deliver solution in a fully automated continuous integration approach and on-time with high quality
• Identify and implement unit / integration tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements, quality and security requirements of product.
• Perform code review and create/ support for relevant documentation requirement/design/test specification.
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Perform regular technical coordination/review with stake holders and ensure timely reporting and escalations if any.
• Provide software estimates, own responsibility for technical deliverables.
• Support scrum master in effort planning, ensuring risk identification and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
• Continuous learning and growing.
• Mentoring and teaching other team members in your areas of expertise.
• Work closely with globally distributed MindSphere team to effectively design, build & deliver solutions
• Interact with peers who are subject matter experts from various organizations and stakeholders from such as partners, business units of Siemens, services etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or related field required
• Software Development Experience – 5+ years
• Strong Object-Oriented Design and Coding skills (Java on an UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform). – 5 years
• Agile Processes – 2 years
• Experience in analyzing requirements and design solutions using Java and J2EE frameworks like JSF, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful and SOAP Web services (or equivalent Microsoft stack)
• Knowledge in OOAD and Design patterns and experience working with modeling languages like UML
• Sound knowledge of JSON
• Ability to learn / dive in into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Ability to identify issues and improve commercial software development processes
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team member with respect to code quality and productivity
• Experience writing algorithms, designing data structures, application of object oriented methods and knowledge of design patterns
• Development experience in cloud technologies (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure)
• Large application performance and/or memory usage optimization
• Recognized leader for unique knowledge in at least one of following:
• TDD (Test Driven Development) and excellent understanding of automated testing approaches
• Big data tools and techniques
• Analytics tools and techniques
• Engineering tools, Manufacturing Systems, Automation for Industrials or Instrumentation and monitoring for smart building or Energy distribution
• Contributing or using Open Source software
• Strong analytical skills
• Bring something special to the team, like: demonstrated leadership abilities, dev ops expertise, testing design expertise, a burning desire to innovate
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proactive and the ability to take initiative when needed