Advanced AWS DevOps Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223954
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
1. Local to Milford / Cincinnati OH
2. Within three hour drive of Milford, OH
3. Remote, but within EST time zone
As a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating DevOps infrastructure and processes in a cloud environment. You will also provide consulting engagements to application development teams and serve as a conduit to ensure that best practices in the areas of security, scalability, continuous integration and continuous delivery are met across organizations. You will be the subject matter expert on AWS, and help define process and best practices accordingly.
• Develop and improve the tools and technologies that make up a continuous delivery software development pipeline.
• Support key pieces of DevOps infrastructure and maintain a high level of availability.
• Consult directly with application teams to help them achieve success - specifically in areas of AWS and cloud deployments. This might mean providing troubleshooting experience across a full stack, or helping architect a deployment solution for a micro service application.
• Scale systems in a sustainable fashion through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Mentoring and teaching other developers and helping to create a continued education plan.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
• Experience designing Continuous Integration / Delivery systems of large scale multi-language software development.
• 3 years of experience developing and releasing software into production using the AWS stack.
• Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queuing, interfaces, and API development.
And at least one of the below:
• 5yrs Linux system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentor-ship / training, and oversight.
• 5yrs with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS.
• 5yrs experience running large scale online systems built on AWS or similar cloud providers .
You'd be a great fit if...
• You're excited to be part of a core group that defines standards for thousands of developers.
• You enjoy figuring out how to make implementing and meeting those standards easy for the developers.
• You're motivated by both open-ended challenges and practical it-just-needs-to-get-done code: whatever has the most impact.
• You're eager to learn from your teammates and have something to teach them as well.
• You may have a particular area of expertise but think of yourself as a generalist who likes to challenge yourself in new areas (and wants to work with a team that encourages you to do so).